Indigo Technologies seeks an Automotive Design Engineer to join Indigo’s multidisciplinary Vehicle Design Team, and contribute to the design and fabrication of advanced vehicles that leverage Indigo’s suite of cutting edge mobility technologies. The Indigo team is small, nimble and flexible; curiosity, collaboration, quick-learning, personal organization and time management are essential characteristics, and we seek candidates who exhibit these values. This position reports to the Design Manager.
- Develop vehicle components and systems from initial concept, to detail design and release, with consideration of functional requirements, cost, weight and regulatory requirements, and produce feasible schedules for both design and manufacture.
- Create specification, component DFMEA, and other technical design documents.
- Communicate research findings, conceptual ideas, detailed designs, and design rationale both verbally and visually to a multi-disciplinary team. Lead and participate in engineering and design reviews.
- Act as an interface between engineering and design teams to maintain design intent, feasibility and integration.
- Work with external and internal manufacturing resources and suppliers.
- Analyze CAE results and integrate recommendations into designs.
Experience and Qualifications
- BS or Masters in Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Design or related field.
- 2+ years of engineering or design experience in the automotive field and a wide range of experience in both exterior and interior applications.
- High level CAD/CAM abilities, proficiency with SolidWorks and PDM. Additional Class A surface modeling experience beneficial.
- Strong knowledge of mechanical theories, design principles and practices, and design evaluation technique, as well as GD&T and DFMEA.
- Understanding of ergonomics relating to vehicle packaging.
- Hands on machine shop and fabrication experience.
- Technical knowledge of prototyping, manufacturing, and assembly processes as it relates to vehicle design.
- Self-sufficiency, personal task and project management, ability to take and give feedback and maintain relationships on a multi-disciplinary team.
- Integrates a human centered design approach and design thinking methodology.
- Excited about new mobility, the future of electric vehicles, and shifting industry paradigms through radical innovation.
Indigo Technologies is integrating next generation propulsion and active suspension. Our in-wheel system enables the paradigm shift towards autonomous mobility. Indigo Technologies takes ride quality, safety, and energy efficiency to the next level. The position is based in Cambridge, MA. Please apply with resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
This position is contract-to-hire.