Indigo Technologies seeks an Industrial Designer to join Indigo’s multidisciplinary Vehicle Design Team, and contribute to the design and fabrication of advanced vehicles that leverage Indigo’s suite of cutting edge mobility technologies. The Indigo team is small, nimble and flexible; curiosity, collaboration, quick-learning, personal organization and time management are essential characteristics, and we seek candidates who exhibit these values. This is a contract-to-hire position. Industrial Designers report to the Design Manager.
- Develop design proposals for interior or exterior vehicle elements by: participating in brainstorms and information gathering; creating sketches and CAD models; prototyping and testing; and CMF studies and renderings. Maintain thorough documentation of the development process, and present concepts to the vehicle team.
- Work closely with the engineering team, in-house manufacturing facilities, and external vendors to create production-quality parts, with consideration of cost, functionality, finish and design intent.
- Contribute to the development of advanced vehicle concepts to show a vision of the future that is possible with Indigo Technologies.
- Work with VR tools to create environments and simulations for testing and showcasing advanced vehicle concepts.
Experience and Qualifications
- BA, BS or Master’s degree (or equivalent) in Industrial Design or Transportation Design.
- 3-5 years in the automotive field.
- High level of 2D sketching and rendering skills, with proven ability to transition into 3D modeling and prototyping/model making.
- Strong knowledge of automotive industry trends and aesthetics.
- Technical knowledge of prototyping, manufacturing, and assembly processes as it relates to vehicle design. Experience working with PDM and Engineering Control processes.
- Self-sufficiency, personal task and project management, ability to take and give feedback and maintain relationships on a multi-disciplinary team.
- Integrates a human centered design approach and design thinking methodology.
- Excited about new mobility, the future of electric vehicles, and shifting industry paradigms through radical innovation.
- Adobe CC
- Solidworks 2019
- Surface modeling (Rhino 5, Alias, etc.)
- Digital Rendering (Keyshot 8)
- Experience using VR tools (Unity or Unreal + Oculus) beneficial but not required
This is based in Cambridge, MA. Interested candidates should send a resume, cover letter, and link to portfolio or PDF (under 25mb) to email@example.com.
This is a contract-to-hire position.