Indigo Technologies seeks an experienced Quality Engineer to help guide our motor design transition from proof-of-concept to a commercially viable product in the electric vehicle industry. Our Quality Engineer will implement and manage the engineering workflow process, safety/compliance requirements and testing, documentation control, and internal quality process training.
- Validate components and assemblies to meet requirements. Work with the test engineers to develop and improve test procedures for validation.
- Own, improve, and expand the current release and change order processes. Provide training to management and engineers in their roles in said processes.
- Assist in the development of component and system requirements to meet electric vehicle safety and compliance requirements domestically and internationally.
- Manage customer quality issues. Own RMAs, root-cause failure analysis, and corrective action plans.
- Manage certification requirements within the electric vehicle industry.
- Provide MTBF analysis during product design phase.
- Liaison to compliance and regulatory consultants.
Experience and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s, Master’s, or PhD in a relevant field of study.
- Quality management on safety critical projects. Automotive experience preferred but not required.
- Experience with implementing industry safety standards into developing projects. Experience with ISO certification process; ISO 9001 and TS16949 a plus.
- Implementing and managing an ECO process.
- Maintain documentation related to quality management.
- Testing of motors and power converters. Familiarity with a variety of test equipment related to motors and power electronics.
- Proficiency with various CAD software. Solidworks and Altium experience a plus.
Indigo Technologies is integrating next generation propulsion and active suspension. Our in-wheel system enables the paradigm shift towards autonomous mobility. Indigo Technologies takes ride quality, safety, and energy efficiency to the next level. The position is based in Cambridge, MA. Please apply with resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.