Indigo Technologies is looking for a talented scientist or engineer to develop closed-loop control algorithms for electric vehicle active suspension and drive systems. The candidate will work as part of the embedded software team and will collaborate with electrical and mechanical engineering teams to develop, simulate and test vehicle control systems. The ideal candidate will have 5+ years of relevant experience with a strong practical and theoretical understanding of control theory and an understanding of vehicle dynamics. The candidate will work from our office in Woburn, Massachusetts.
- Develop new and innovative solutions for optimizing vehicle performance and rider comfort under a variety of road and driving conditions.
- Build vehicle models and perform simulations using Simulink and CarSim to verify vehicle control system performance.
- Plan, support execution of and analyze the results of vehicle tests to validate control features.
- Communicate with other teams regarding vehicle control system considerations in the design of electrical and mechanical systems.
- Develop code in C to implement vehicle control algorithms, validate this code in the vehicle model and integrate the code into the vehicle firmware.
- Develop design documentation and procedures for vehicle control systems.
- Follow established processes for design, documentation, validation and release of new features.
Experience and Qualifications
- Master’s or PhD in electrical, mechanical or aerospace engineering or physics.
- More than five years of relevant work experience.
- Solid understanding of modern and classical control theory, both theoretical and practical.
- Proficiency in using Matlab and Simulink for analysis and simulation
- Experience in digital signal processing and control algorithm development in digital systems.
- Some experience using a high-level programming language such as C or C++.
- Knowledge of nonlinear control, stochastic system, robust control and optimal control theories.Highly-preferred experience in structural mechanics, multibody dynamics and vehicle dynamics.
- Highly-preferred experience in implementing and tuning active suspension systems.
- Preferred experience in using CarSim to simulate vehicle dynamic performance.
- Preferred experience developing software compliant to ISO 26262 and coding standards such as MISRA-C.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills with English language fluency.
Interested candidates should send a resume, cover letter, and link to portfolio or PDF (under 25mb) to email@example.com.