Indigo Technologies seeks an experienced, hands-on Electrical Engineer to assist in the development of our electric vehicle powertrain system. The position requires experience and knowledge in motor control, embedded controls, and automotive electrical systems. This position is focused on hardware design but requires some knowledge of C.
- Assist in the development of motor drives
- Powerstage and gate drive design
- Testing and validation of designs
- Troubleshooting and failure analysis
- DFMEA and compliance analysis
- High Voltage (350VDC) safety strategy and implementation for our line of EVs meeting:
- Domestic requirements
- EU requirements
- Company requirements
- EMI filtering and mitigation strategies for our powertrain
- Design and development of vehicle electrical system
- Low voltage controls
- Low power charging
- Wire harness design
- Assist in the design and development of powertrain component test stands
- High fidelity sensing circuits
- High voltage safety for operators and lab personnel
Experience and Qualifications
- BS, MS, or Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering, with a focus on motion control.
- At least three years’ experience in a similar field. Automotive experience a plus.
- Experience with 3 phase motor drives and motor position sensing techniques.
- Knowledge and familiarity of working at voltages >300VDC. Understanding of PCB design requirements when working at higher voltages.
- Above average skills using a schematic capture and pcb development tool.
- Competency with a variety of electrical and electronics testing tools: DMM, oscilloscope, spectrum analyzer, and power analyzer.
- Troubleshooting of complex electronics systems; motor controls, vehicle systems.
- Soldering, crimping, wiring, drilling, and light mechanical fab a must.
- Effective and open communication with other engineering disciplines.