EMBEDDED SOFTWARE ENGINEER
Indigo Technologies, located in Woburn, Massachusetts, is looking for an entry-level embedded software engineer to join their vehicle software team. This engineer will report to the Director of Vehicle Software and will work with other software and controls engineers to develop, test and maintain firmware used to control the vehicle traction and active suspension system. Indigo Technologies is currently developing a new type of lightweight, ultra-efficient, affordable electric vehicle that incorporates active suspension to improve ride comfort, function and handling.
Embedded Software Engineer Responsibilities
- Make improvements to and incorporate new features into firmware for ARM-based microcontrollers used to control the traction and active suspension system.
- Refactor existing firmware code for compliance with industry secure coding standards.
- Implement and execute test cases for unit- and system-level tests.
- Perform troubleshooting to resolve issues on the vehicle, in the motor drives or at the board level.
- Develop specifications for and implement communication interfaces between vehicle systems and subsystems.
- Follow established software development processes for Git, code review and analysis, validation, release, etc.
- Follow established workplace safety practices.
Some of the Basics
- Must have a bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering or computer science or be able to demonstrate equivalent capabilities based on experience.
- Must have intermediate-level programming skills in C or C++.
- Must have a basic understanding of electrical circuits and be capable of troubleshooting issues with sensors and other subcomponents in the electrical system as they affect control software.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
Other valuable experience
- Experience developing and integrating low-level drivers and APIs used to interface with built-in peripherals or external peripherals to a microcontroller, such as ADCs, CAN, SPI, UART, I2C and Ethernet.
- Experience implementing multithreaded applications in a real-time operating system on an embedded system.
- Experience with secure coding standards such as MISRA-C and CERT-C.
- Experience interpreting assembly language and troubleshooting programs at the an instruction-level.
- Experience with continuous integration tools such as Jenkins or Bamboo.
- Experience with automated testing and static analysis tools.
- Experience with source code management using Git or other version control systems.
- Understanding of electrical schematics and/or electro-mechanical systems.
Immigration Sponsorship is not available for this role.
Indigo Technologies offers competitive salaries, stock options, flexible hours, and a 401K plan.
We support a diverse engineering team, knowing that innovation truly thrives with a variety of backgrounds and experiences.
If you are excited about meeting the challenges of Indigo Tech’s vision of electrified mobility, please send your resume to email@example.com.