Senior Mechanical Engineer
Indigo Technologies seeks a talented Mechanical Engineer to join our growing team of mechanical, electrical, software, controls, and design engineers in developing the next generation of electrified mobility. We are looking for innovative, self-motivated engineers to help us take our in-wheel propulsion and active suspension system to a production ready product. If you enjoy designing, building, testing, and breaking your work to make the best possible product, this is the job for you.
- Design and development of electro-mechanical systems and components in support of Indigo Tech’s electric vehicle technologies. This includes but is not limited to, vehicle suspension, chassis, and electric motor components, battery packaging, and vehicle wiring harness design.
- Coordination with the different engineering teams to achieve highly integrated designs within vehicle traction, suspension and control systems.
- Developing manufacturing processes through design and modification of equipment for fabricating, building, assembling, and installing components.
- Writing performance requirements and specifications for equipment and maintaining design history documentation.
- Working with vendors on product specifications and mechanical component selection.
Some of the Basics
- BS, MS, or PhD in Mechanical Engineering.
- A minimum of 7 years’ experience in the automotive or robotics industries.
- Strong knowledge of CAD/CAM, SolidWorks and PDM.
- Solid knowledge of mechanical theories, design principles and practices and design evaluation technique.
Other helpful experience
- GD&T and tolerance stackup analysis experience.
- Hands-on machine shop experience.
- Electric machine knowledge.
Indigo Technologies offers competitive salaries, stock options, flexible hours, and a 401K plan.
We support a diverse engineering team, knowing that innovation truly thrives with a variety of backgrounds and experiences.
If you are excited about meeting the challenges of Indigo Tech’s vision of electrified mobility, please send your resume to email@example.com.