Motor Design Engineer
Indigo Technologies, located in Woburn, Massachusetts, is looking for an experienced, motivated, hands-on mechatronics engineer to assist in the design of electric motors for robotics and transportation. This engineer will report to the Director of Powertrain Design and work with electrical and mechanical engineers to develop, test, and maintain Indigo Technologies’ proprietary propulsion and suspension system.
Indigo Technologies is developing new types of lightweight, ultra-efficient, affordable electric vehicles that incorporate active suspension to improve ride comfort, function, and handling.
- Improve electric machine performance through better materials, models and design algorithms.
- Work with mechanical engineers to optimize efficiency, power, and mass.
- Perform numerical simulations of electric machine performance and compare to experiment.
- Measure and analyze electrical, mechanical and thermal performance of electric motors and aid in the design of new test equipment.
- Operate in a fast paced, ever changing work environment with little supervision.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in electrical or mechanical engineering.
- Experience designing electric machines in an academic or professional setting.
- Strong knowledge of electromagnetic physics and its applications.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to multitask while remaining efficient and accurate.
- >5 years’ experience designing electric machines.
- Experience using Python, Matlab or Simulink for data analysis and control design.
- Modeling experience with FEA software such as COMSOL, ANSYS/Maxwell or JMAG.
- Experience building embedded control systems to drive electric machines.
- Clear understanding of how electric machines are manufactured.
- Knowledge of cost modeling in manufacturing processes.
The position is based in Woburn, MA. Please apply with resume and cover letter to email@example.com.