Embedded Software Engineer
Indigo Technologies seeks a talented Software Engineer to join our growing team of mechanical, electrical, software, controls, and design engineers in developing the next generation of electrified mobility. This engineer will report to the Director of Vehicle Software and will work with other software and controls engineers to develop, test and maintain firmware used to control the vehicle traction and active suspension system.
Indigo Technologies is developing new types of lightweight, ultra-efficient, affordable electric vehicles that incorporate active suspension to improve ride comfort, function, and handling.
- Develop firmware used to control vehicle motors and suspension system based on user inputs and sensor data.
- Refactor existing code for compliance with industry secure coding standards.
- Implement and execute test cases for unit and system-level tests.
- Develop specifications for and implement communication interfaces between vehicle systems and subsystems.
- Follow established software development processes for Git, code review and analysis, validation, release, etc.
Some of the Basics
- Must have five or more years of post-degree experience in embedded software development.
- A bachelor’s degree in engineering or computer science, master’s degree is preferred.
- Proficient at programming in C or C++.
- Experience with standard processes and practices for software development in safety-critical systems such as those specified by ISO 26262, IEC 62304, IEC 51508, UL 1998, etc.
- Demonstrate good secure coding practices such as those specified by MISRA-C and CERT-C.
- Experience with implementing multithreaded applications in a real-time operating system on an embedded system.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
Other helpful experience
- Developing and integrating low-level drivers and APIs used to interface with built-in peripherals or external peripherals to a microcontroller, such as ADCs, CAN, SPI, UART, I2C and Ethernet.
- Continuous integration tools such as Jenkins or Bamboo.
- Automated testing and static analysis tools.
- Source code management using Bitbucket and Git.
- Basic understanding of electrical schematics and/or electro-mechanical systems.
Indigo Technologies offers competitive salaries, stock options, flexible hours, and a 401K plan.
We support a diverse engineering team, knowing that innovation truly thrives with a variety of backgrounds and experiences.
If interested, please send your resume to email@example.com.