Embedded Software Engineer
Indigo Technologies, located in Woburn, Massachusetts, is looking for a talented embedded software engineer to join their vehicle software team. This engineer will report to the Director of Vehicle Software and will work with other software and controls engineers to develop, test and maintain firmware used to control the vehicle traction and active suspension system.
Indigo Technologies is developing new types of lightweight, ultra-efficient, affordable electric vehicles that incorporate active suspension to improve ride comfort, function, and handling.
- Develop firmware used to control vehicle motors and suspension system based on user inputs and sensor data.
- Refactor existing code for compliance with industry secure coding standards.
- Implement and execute test cases for unit and system-level tests.
- Develop specifications for and implement communication interfaces between vehicle systems and subsystems.
- Follow established software development processes for Git, code review and analysis, validation, release, etc.
- Must have five or more years of post-degree experience in embedded software development.
- Must have a bachelor’s degree in engineering or computer science, master’s degree is preferred.
- Must be proficient at programming in C or C++.
- Must have experience with standard processes and practices for software development in safety-critical systems such as those specified by ISO 26262, IEC 62304, IEC 51508, UL 1998, etc.
- Must be able to demonstrate good secure coding practices such as those specified by MISRA-C and CERT-C.
- Must have experience with implementing multithreaded applications in a real-time operating system on an embedded system.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
- Experience developing and integrating low-level drivers and APIs used to interface with built-in peripherals or external peripherals to a microcontroller, such as ADCs, CAN, SPI, UART, I2C and Ethernet.
- Experience with continuous integration tools such as Jenkins or Bamboo.
- Experience with automated testing and static analysis tools.
- Experience with source code management using Bitbucket and Git.
- Basic understanding of electrical schematics and/or electro-mechanical systems.
Interested candidates should send a resume, cover letter to email@example.com. This position is based in Woburn, MA.